Michael is a freelance photojournalist, writer, videographer, and the founder of Wicked Pittsburgh Art Collective - a non-profit of 45+ artists giving 20% of all art sales revenue back to charity. He graduated from Boston University with a degree in photojournalism, and currently lives in East Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
He specializes in a wide array of photo and video work, as well as written journalism, investigative reporting, and spot news coverage. His assignments have taken him to the forefront of the refugee crisis in Lesvos, Greece - Maximum Security Prisons in Pennsylvania - Dia de los Muertos in Patzcuaro, Mexico - and border camps in Tijuana.
-The Associated Press -Citi Bank -Fodor’s Travel
-The Guardian -Roads and Kingdoms -Boston University Academy
-The Huffington Post -Positive Magazine -Passion Passport
-UberEats -The Observer Reporter -Creative Boom
-Pittsburgh CityPaper -World Central Kitchen -OHello Media
-Sprint -Penn Environment -C41 Magazine
-Maniac Magazine -Viewfind -Accountants Club of America
-The Massachusetts State -Dig Boston -Drone Dudes
Department -Adobe -Pittsburgh Tribune Review
-Willie Nelson's: Farm Aid -Sound of Boston -Nailed Magazine
His other hobbies include skiing, skateboarding, and going to pretty much any concert he can afford.
Honors and Awards:
- Three River’s Arts Festival - “Best Creative Arts Project of 2018" - Wicked Pittsburgh
- Read about Michael’s work with Wicked here: Next Pittsburgh Article
- Adobe Spark: 2018 Editor’s Choice - Final Stop
- Adobe Spark: Top 20 Creatives to Watch in 2017
- Adobe Spark: 2017 Editor’s Selection: The In-Between
- One Million Photographers - Editors Choice: The In-Between
- Boston Press Photographers Association 2015 Contest - 3rd place: Portraiture, Honorable Mention: Portraiture
For business consultations please contact Michael at: