Location: Ricketts Glen State Park || Distance: 3.2 miles || Waterfalls: 22
After two weeks on the road exploring 10 national parks, my family vacation appropriatly matched the trend with a trip to Acadia near Bar Harbor, Maine. You don't see me complaining...
Locations: Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Garden
Gorham Mountain Trail
|| Location: Glacier National Park || Miles Traveled: 2,486 ||
Location: Glacier National Park, MT
Miles Traveled - 2,486
- After waking up several hours south of Glacier, we spent the morning driving through Salmon Lake State Park. Upon seeing a beautiful lakeside cabin, I decided to launch my drone for some ariels. To cut a long story short, the Mavic engine malfunctioned 60-meters above a lake. Five seconds later, my drone was at the bottom of said lake. To see photos and read more about my drones unfortunate demise, click here.
- Grabbed lunch at the Moose River Bar And Grill in Seeley Lake, MT. Solid mom and pop spot. Would go again. (8/10)
- After lunch, we drove the remaining hour to West Glacier and made our way toward Going to the Sun Road and Logan Pass.
- Drove the entire length of Going to the Sun Road to our hike on the other side of Logan Pass. Far and away the best driving portion of our trip. (9.5/10)
-Hiked the Sun Point Nature Trial and saw Baring Falls + St. Mary Falls on the same hike. Best hike of the trip hands down. (9.7/10)
-Left the park from the east and settled down to camp in St. Mary. Found ourselves a beautiful fire pit and grill at Johnson's RV Park. Great facilities with wifi and laundry. Ask for Randy, he gives the best hiking/camping/directional advice of any man...ever.
-After buying insanely over-priced groceries at the local market, (Advice: buy food before entering remote park areas) we scavenged tghe campground for firewood, and began cooking an incredible chicken breast dinner.
-Shortly after we drank bourbon and Pabst until around 4:30am, and promptly passed out.
|| Location: Grand Tetons National Park || Miles Traveled: 2,009 ||
Location: Grand Teton National Park, WY
Miles Traveled - 2,009
- Drove from Canyon Village in Yellowstone to Leek's Marina. Gorgeous spot to enjoy lunch and take a dip in the lake.
- Got lunch at Leek's Marina Pizzeria. Kinda pricy, but delicious! Definitely worth the stop. (7.5/10)
- Hiked around Jenny Lake to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point. Regret not taking a canoe out on the lake. Great hike to a worthwhile waterfall and vista. (8/10)
- Drove south to Jackson, WY. Quaint little ski town with plenty of good food and shopping. We mooched wifi off Starbucks for 3 hours and did some much needed photo-editing.
- Drove 7 hours straight through Idaho from Jackson, WY ----> Deer Lodge, MT. Let me tell you something. NEVER go to Idaho. It's a barren flat wasteland with no food, water, or shelter. The speed limit is 80mph so you can leave the state faster. Idaho: (-1/10)
- Crashed in a truck-stop parking lot at around 4:30am.
|| Location: Yellowstone National Park || Miles Traveled: 1,912 ||
Location: Yellowstone National Park, WY
Miles Traveled - 1,912
- Checked out the thermal pools and hiked to Mystic Falls. Moderate hike to a decent waterfall. (7/10)
- Grabbed lunch in West Yellowstone at the Timberline Cafe. Solid food for a good price amidst - Managed to catch the West Yellowstone 4th of July Parade after lunch. Complete with fire trucks, assorted floats, classic cars, and saddled rodeo cowboys, it was quite an unexpected afternoon highlight.
- Tossed our new Smoky the Bear frisbee on the courthouse lawn until the parade traffic cleared out.
- Headed back into Yellowstone to our camp at Canyon Village. Stopped at Gibbon Falls and Artist Point along the way. Artist Point was stunning. Must-see: (8.5/10).
- Enjoyed a meal of grilled chicken sandwiches and salad upon arriving at Canyon Village. One of our favorite camps. Small pine groves with an RV pull-up and grills. No mosquitos! (9/10)